25/11/2022 by Arnt-Inge 0 Comments
Tips how to use IPhone to take pictures of the northern lights
The Northern Lights can suddenly display while you're out, and it's good to have a phone that can take photo of that phenomen. Here are some tips...
The Northern Lights can suddenly display while you're out, and it's good to have a phone that can take photo of that phenomen. Here are some tips on how to get your iPhone to create fantastic Northern Lights photos.
- Select the CAMERA icon on your phone. Select the PICTURE mode.
- Disable flash in the top left corner.
- Activate automatic night mode on the symbol to the right of the flash symbol in the top left corner.
- If you don't have a tripod available, support the phone against something stable, e.g. a tree. Keep the phone completely silent. The phone then selects night mode.
- Press the arrow in the middle at the top of the screen so that it points down, then the night mode symbol (yellow) will appear above the shutter button, press it and the shutter speed scale will appear.
- Push the shutter speed to the desired number of seconds you want the camera to capture light. Here you can choose between OFF and from 3 to 29 seconds shutter time. If the northern lights are weak, 10 to 29 seconds can be good, if the northern lights are strong, keep it to 10 seconds or less.
- Press the shutter button and hold the phone completely still until the exposure is complete.